IELTS (Academic & General Training Test) preparation courses
- This course is perfect for students who wish to be fully prepared for the IELTS Academic / General Training test.
- It also gives fantastic guidance on academic study techniques to use at an English-speaking university, meaning that the students can totally prepare themselves for studying in any English-speaking countries.
- Through this course, students are provided with three free IELTS mock tests, being assessed by an official IELTS examiner. They are provided professional feedback on their progress after each IELTS mock test.
Our Academic IELTS exam preparation course will:
- Focus on improving your fluency, accuracy, and confidence in English.
- Familiarize yourself with the Academic IELTS exam format while improving your exam techniques.
- Help you develop a strategy so that you will be able to perform to the best of your ability.
- Improve your skills in all four core skills; reading, writing, speaking and listening.
You can choose to take the IELTS exam preparation class on its own as a
part-time course, where you will focus on all of the techniques that are
required to score well on the test. If you want to take it a step further, you
can also study this course as part of your Intensive English or English
Unlimited study. In doing so, you are able to progress faster and should
see plenty of improvement in your English skills.
As well as helping with your exam practice, we will help you to organize
your IELTS test and, if needed, we can also help you to complete your UCAS
application if you want to study at a UK university.
IELTS Preparation course includes:
- Language placement assessment including grammar, oral and writing carried out on your first day, ensuring that you are placed in the right class.
- Certificate of achievement upon completion of the course
- Personalized assessment progress report giving an assessment of your progress in all of the main study areas.
- Monthly IELTS Practice test- including individual feedback from your tutor.
- Academic report
- Monthly tutorials with your IELTS tutor.
TOEFL iBT Preparation Course
- This course focuses on test-taking strategies and highlights the academic English skills needed for exam success. The course includes TOEFL®-focused reading, writing, listening and speaking, plus practice exam questions and online simulation tests that mirror the real TOEFL® iBT.
- This course provides Component analysis and evaluation that equips the trainees with the skills and strategies to tackle certain parts of the test
Our TOEFL preparation courses will focus on test-taking strategies and the academic English skills you need to get the best results possible on your TOEFL test.
The TOEFL iBT® is the most popular examination for North American English and is the most widely accepted English language test in the world.
Our TOEFL preparation course includes TOEFL®-focused reading, writing, listening and speaking, plus practice exam questions and online simulation tests that mirror the real TOEFL® iBT.
- You want to achieve a good score on the internationally recognized TOEFL® iBT
- You want to prepare for university in the USA or Canada
- You want to benefit from expert instruction, exclusive course materials, and a curriculum developed by ICL.
- You want to enhance your CV and improve your chance for professional success in the future
- You want to receive an accredited ICL International English Certificate of Achievement documenting your language level and attendance.
- We believe that our course is one of the bests available to students preparing for the TOEFL test. After preparing hundreds of students for the TOEFL iBT exam we created a course using all the relevant content and skill-building exercises that cover all question types included in the exam.
- The structure of our course allows you to choose your own pace and master the English skills you need to succeed on the test day. The full course is formally organized in the 90-day schedule but depending on your time it can be taken in a shorter or longer period. Taking the course is a major boost in TOEFL preparation.
- This TOEFL preparation course focuses on test-taking strategies and highlights the academic English skills needed for exam success. The course includes TOEFL® focused reading, structure, vocabulary, and listening, plus practice exam questions and mock tests that mirror the real TOEFL® PBT.
- This course provides Component analysis and evaluation that equips the trainees with the skills and strategies to tackle certain parts of the test.
The purpose of this course is to prepare students for the University entrance examination and to introduce them to the requirements and standards of the TOEFL PBT test should they wish to take it in the future. Students will be prepared with a good deal range of vocabulary and grammar required for the test in the first half of the course, then transfer these to relevant tasks and review TOEFL PBT test-taking skills and strategies. Furthermore, they will develop new skills and strategies necessary to TOEFL PBT success. Foundational skills; such as paraphrasing, summarizing, note-taking, and vocabulary-building will be incorporated throughout the course.
By the end of the course, students
will be able to:
- Consistently and effectively apply test-taking strategies that are specific to the reading, listening, grammar, and writing sections of the TOEFL PBT.
- Reading: identify different question types and read for the main idea, details, underlying meaning, structure, author’s purpose, and vocabulary context clues.
- Listening: use focusing strategies and develop note-taking abilities to improve the ability to identify the main ideas, details, underlying meaning, author’s purpose, and vocabulary context clues.
- Grammar: show increased accuracy and confidence in using and identifying simple and complex sentence structures, while correctly identifying parts of speech and consistently applying number, gender, and tense agreement rules.
- Writing: use opinion words and phrases, transition words, and paragraph structure to present an organized and clear essay.
- Identify and infer meaning from common words, phrases, and idioms used on the TOEFL PBT.
- Develop the ability to evaluate written and spoken responses according to official TOEFL standards.
- Demonstrate an improvement in TOEFL scores based on course work.
CREATIVE IN RESEARCH AND TEACHING.